Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello. I love you. Won't you tell me your name?

I've done it! I finally started my blog. I've been pondering and sitting on the fence for months. But here we are!

First things first. I'll do a little intro.

My name is Kirsty. I live in a charming little town in Northeast Texas. I'm a substitute teacher and Youth Minister wife extraordinaire. My daily activities include cooking most every meal from scratch, baking and frosting things at least once a week (I suspect I may die if I don't do this), and the usual cleaning and laundry.

I have a passion for keeping things organized and knowing where everything is in our house at all times. (Maybe healthy, maybe not so much)

My heart beats for Jesus. He is my treasure and even good things in my life are lost to me when He is not involved.

My heart beats for another too. I call him Clark. He is unbelievably sexy, incredibly sweet and we play hide and seek together. He reminds me to love life. He takes care of me in every way I could ask for..then so so much more.

I love to be healthy. I love that we don't eat high fructose corn syrup and minimal amounts of preservatives. I love walking 12 miles in a day looking for tupperware in the woods with Clark. (I promise to explain later)

I love our Church. I love our Youth. They're ridiculous but seeing the Lord work through their group reminds me how privileged I am to have a built in role in this kind of Kingdom work.

This blog will be about everything that my life entails. I believe that only the craziest women get set apart by Lord to be the wives of Youth Pastors because it truly is a wild ride. Hang on, it's gonna be fun!!


0 comments: