Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today is one of the rare days in my life when I feel everything is done. (Ok, I don't have kids, so I use the term "rare" fairly loosely.) Floors are clean, not enough laundry for a load, etc. Days like this are a blessing to me. Even though I don't have a job per se, my life is fairly colorful. Days like this force my mind to relax and enjoy the day more.

Dinner last night was amazing. One my websites that I check daily (ok, three of four times daily, but whatever) is thepioneerwoman.com. She writes about her life as a ranch wife that spent most of her life before that in the suburbs and and big cities. My favorite thing about PW is the food!! It's kind of my favorite thing about everything, I guess :) When I make her recipes in my own kitchen, I pretty much get the "best dinner ever" kind of reaction. And I'm not gonna lie...I really really like that!

Last night I made my own pepperjack burger recipe. It has Monterey Jack cheese and chopped jalapenos right in the meat, it really flavors every bite. My husband has a secret sauce that he adds to it which makes them TO DIE FOR!

I think the sides were the definately the main attraction last night, we had Creamed Spinach...


and onion strings...They've now been dubbed "Onion Dudes." Since we hardly ever eat "creamed" or "fried" anything, we had a guest over. We love hanging out with Hack Attack aka. Andrew. I think he at an entire plate of onion dudes by himself.

I think my next culinary adventure will be these little guys:



Cake in the bottom. Ice-cream in the middle. Chocolate ganache on top. My kitchen heart is pounding from all the cutesy junk I could do with these little treasures!


0 comments: