Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm the worst blogger ever!!! My life since January 31st has been non stop craziness. We had a Superbowl party at our house on February 1st. Preparation for that was semi-easy so it wasn't that bad. But then...the madness started....

I worked (substitute teaching) four days the week following the party (meaning the house didn't get cleaned and laundry didn't get done.) Then that following Saturday night was our youth Valentine's Dinner fundraiser. This is where we (I use the term "we" very loosely here) transform our church fellowship hall into a restaurant for the night. We cook delicious food and desserts and the youth are the waiters, waitresses, valet parking attendants etc. Couples come to eat and they make donations to the youth group that go towards our summer mission trips.

The menu this year was:

Ceasar Salad.

Fettuccine Alfredo with roasted Chicken breast.
Baked Ziti with a crisp Parmesan topping.
Slow cooked green beans.

Strawberry Cheesecake.
Chocolate Molten Cake.

We had the most amazing group ever. It was probably THE single most stressful night of my life to date. I know. I'm a weenie.

I have just now recovered.

Oh, and then that week after this, we ran out socks. I must have subconsciously went on strike from my life. So I'm not only a weenie, I'm also a bad wife. :) But my honey loves me anyway!

0 comments: